September/October are my absolute fave months for Cornish weather. The beaches are empty and the sky is actually blue (most days). Cold evenings with cheese cake on the sofa. Crisp mornings with pink sunrise sky is the most beautiful thing! The sea remains warm after the heat of the summer sun… Everyone cracks on with their new healthy lifestyle while secretly still craving cider on the beach and pizza.
When people make efforts to change their lifestyle, they try to do everything they possibly can all at once.
One of my clients recently said: ‘I’m starting my new routine tomorrow.. I’m going to drink 5 litres of water a day, walk the dogs for an hour, do yoga, go to the gym, have a kale smoothie for breakfast, chicken, rice and broccoli for lunch and dinner every day and DEFIANTLY no cookies and no alcohol and no fun, no sugar………’
Going in with this attitude is going to make you miserable, sore, tired and fed up after 3 days max. Cutting out all the best food and trying to up your training level by 200% in one week is a recipe for disaster. After a few days you will end up fucking off the idea of going to the gym because your sore and grumpy.. you will find your self heading for the fridge to demolish a whole cheese cake (an unhealthy one), followed by a pack of cookies, thinking ‘I have ruined it now so I may as well eat everything’…. hours later on a sugar low slumped on the sofa, covered in chocolate and surrounded by empty wrappers.
Don’t be this person. Take one step at a time.
If cheese cake is your favourite food. Eat cheese cake. Eating a small amount twice a week is not going to make you fat, trust me.. But even better, find a substitute. I make protein cheese cake all the time which has no sugar, no bad fats and no preservatives.
17.2g Carbs (of which 7g insoluble fiber)
Protein Cheese Cake
- 2tbsp Stevia
- 100g Oats
- 30g PB2
- 100g MyProtein Casein
- 100g Cashew Butter
- 85g VitaFiber Syrup
- 100g Cacao Butter
- 75g MyProtein Casein
- 180g (one tub) Light, Lightest philidelphia
- 5-6 White Chocolate Drops (to taste)
- Pinch of salt
- Enough water to make a thick consistency
- Choc Shot
- 2x Packs Quest Peanut Butter Cups
- Pre heat the oven to 170 degrees. Melt the cacao butter in a pan or microwave. While the cacao butter is melting, put all dry ingredients in a blender and blend to achieve a flour like consistency. Add the vitafiber syrup, cashew butter and cacao butter and blend again until all combined. Press the base mixture into greased, shallow, circular baking tray (I’m sure another shape would also be fine!!). Bake for 5 minutes (yes 5 minutes.. no longer)
- For the filling. Place the Casein, Flavour Drops in a bowl and slowly add water until a thick paste is made. Make sure not to make it too runny. If you tipped the bowl up the mixture should stay put. Add the Philadelphia and stir until all combined. If you need it to be sweeter add more drops now.
- For the topping chop up all Quest Peanut Butter Cups
- Once the base has cooled. remove it from the pan..
- Add the filling and top with the Peanut Butter Quest Cups and a drizzle of Choc Shot 😛
Try adding other toppings or different flavour drops.